I was asked by a Coach I know to write a more detailed review of a round I judged at the April 22 tournament. We agreed it might be useful to share it with the other Coaches and teams in the league.
I realize the season is over, but take a look. As a long-time coach, judge and debater I think this is what every debater should do for every round they debate after the tournament is over. I’ve always found debate theory meaningless in the abstract, but very useful when you have a real debate in front of you. And since you rarely get to see your own students debate, teaching them how to record and review their own performance is one of the most valuable skills you can impart.
You can download the following files:
If you have any questions, feel free to email me.
The Connecticut Middle School Debate League Spring Coaches Meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 24 at 4 pm at CAS in Cheshire. The address is 30 Realty Drive, Cheshire, CT 06410. Or you can visit their website: http://cas.casciac.org/ .
Please email (email@example.com ) if you plan to atend. Include any items you would like to see on the agenda or questions, comments or concerns about the league.
This is our primary business meeting of the year so please try to be there on May 24.
Our coaches’ meeting will take place on Wednesday, May 25 from 4-6 pm at CAS, 30 Realty Drive, Cheshire. This is our primary business meeting of the year where we set the calendar and policy for the 2016-17 season.
An agenda will be sent out to all coaches prior to the meeting. If you have any items you feel we should discuss, please email us at Connecticut Middle School Debate with your questions, comments and suggestions.
We welcome interested parties from non-member schools. While this is primarily a business meeting, it is also an opportunity to meet current coaches and to get a feel for what the Connecticut Middle School Debate League is all about.
Welcome, everybody to the 2015-16 season of the CT Middle School Debate League!
Next week you will receive an agenda for our Fall Coaches’ Meeting as well as copies of proposed Bylaws and Handbook that we’ll vote on at that meeting.
Here is our schedule for the 2015-16 school year:
- Coaches’ Meeting: Wednesday, September 16, 4-6 pm, at the offices of the CT Association of Schools, 30 Realty Drive, Cheshire. All coaches are welcome to attend, even if your team hasn’t attended a CTMSDL event yet.
- Scrimmage: Saturday, Oct 17, 9:30—2:30, Luis Munoz Marin School, 479 Helen St, Bridgeport
- Tournament: Saturday, Nov 21, 9:30—2:30, Classical Magnet School, 85 Woodland St, Hartford
- Tournament: Saturday, Jan 23, 9:30—2:30, Eastern Middle School, 51 Hendrie Ave, Greenwich
- (snow date = Sat, Jan 30, same time & place)
- Tournament: Saturday, Apr 30, 9:30—2:30, Wamogo Middle School, 98 Wamogo Rd, Litchfield
Please email me and let me know:
- Does your team plan to participate in the League this year, and
- Will you and/or anyone from your team attend the Coaches’ Meeting on 9/16?
- If you are interested in hosting our Scrimmage on October 17, please let me know.
Please forward this email to any schools that might be interested in joining the League and ask them to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon!
Connecticut Middle School Debate League
The Connecticut Middle School Debate League Spring Coaches Meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 19 at the offices of the Connecticut Association of Schools (CAS) in Cheshire.
A detailed agenda will be emailed to all members. The most important items are election of officers, determining a schedule for next year, and setting up a committee to put together the charter and bylaws for the league.
All current members and interested schools are invited to attend.
You can find directions to CAS on their website.